Vegan Berries & Chantilly French Brioche Toast
COOKS IN 30 MINS
PREPARED BY GAZ OAKLEY
1 tin of Full Fat Coconut Milk, refrigerated
1/2 cup Icing Sugar
1 Vanilla Pod / 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
French Toast Brioche Rolls / Croissants
4 La Boulangère Vegan Brioche Rolls (or La Boulangère Vegan Croissants cut in half length ways)
240ml Soy Milk
4 tbs Maple Syrup or Agave Nectar
4 tbs Corn Flour
Pinch Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
300g Frozen or Fresh Summer Berries
4 tbs Maple Syrup
- Add the berries to a small saucepan with the maple and a splash of water & place over a very low heat. Let the berries bubble away for 15 minutes and stir every now and then.
- To make the Crème Chantilly add the coconut milk (solid part), icing sugar & vanilla to a mixing bowl and whisk ideally with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Meanwhile whisk together the soy milk, maple, cornflour, cinnamon and vanilla for the French toast dressing.
- Pre heat a large non-stick frying pan over a low heat & when the pan is hot add a little oil.
- Individually dip the La Boulangère vegan brioche rolls (or La Boulangère vegan croissants) into the French toast dressing, shake off any excess, then place them into the pan. Cook a few at the time for 3-4 minutes on each side or until goldened.
- Once all the French toasts are cooked, serve with lots of the berry mixture & Chantilly on top.
- Garnish with a little mint, maple & icing sugar.